Publication & Public Talks
Contemplating “Meart – The Semi Living Artist” by Paul Venouse, 2006
A report on the practice of SymbioticA Research Group in their creation of MEART - the semi living artist. By Emma McRae
Bakkum, D. J., Shkolnik, A. C., Ben-Ary, G., Gamblen, P., DeMarse T. D., and Potter, S. M. (2004) "Removing the 'A' from AI: Embodied Cultured Networks" in Proceedings of the Dagstuhl Conference on Embodied Artificial Intelligence, Luc Steels and Rolf Pfeiffer, editors, Springer, (in press).
- SymbioticA research Group (2002) MEART – the semi living artist (AKA Fish & Chips) Stage 2 pp.60-68. in BEAP, Biennale of Electronic Art, 2002: The Exhibitions . Thomas, Paul, Ed., Pub. Curtin University . ISBN 1 74067 157 0.
- Ben-Ary, G, Zurr, I, Richards, M, Gamblen, P, Catts, O and Bunt, S (2001) “Fish and Chips, The current Status of the Research by the SymbioticA research group” in Takeover, wer macht die Kunst von morgen (who's doing the art of tomorrow) pp. 141-147 Springer Vien.
- 9.6.04 – MEART the semi living artist, Floor talk, 2004: Australian Culture Now, Australian Centre for Moving Image, Melbourne , Australia . (By Phil Gamblen, Guy Ben-Ary & Doug Bakkum
- 27.5.2004 - Learning the language of neural networks using embodiment cultured neurons, School of Anatomy & human Biology, UWA, Perth, Australia (By Doug Bakkum)
- 26.4.04 – “Embodiment of Neurons in Space” - International Festival of New Technologies, Art + Communication - "Challenges for a Ubiquitous Identity", 2004, Bilbao , Spain . (By Guy Ben-Ary)
- 7.1.04 – MEART the semi living artist, “Beyond the Keyboard” conference, Bread Box Gallery, Perth (By Guy Ben-Ary)
- 8.1.03 – Is it Sentient? Can it Learn?, Faculty of visual arts, LaSalle-SIA College of the arts, Singapore (By Guy Ben-Ary)
- 5.8.02 - The Aesthetics of Care?, Biennale of electronic arts Perth , Meart – the semi living artist (By Guy Ben-Ary)
- 7.12.01 - talk at the second iteration conferance on generative systems in electronic art (Dr. Stuart bunt)
- 31.10.01 Talk at Emerson Collage (By Oron Catts)
- 1-4.11.01 Talk at the 4S Conference as part of "Artist in Vivo" Panel (By Oron Catts)
- 3.11.01 "That Which is Alive Should Not Be Art: Anxiety About Bio-art" (Aslihan Sanal MIT)
- 5.11.01 Talk at the Technology & Self Meeting (Professor Sherry Turkle), STS (By Oron Catts)
- San Francisco USA (By Oron Catts)-
- 9.11.01 Talk at the Department of Conceptual Information Arts, SFSU
- 12.11.01 Talk at the SF Exploratorium.
- 7.11.01 At the Department of Art & Technology, Art Institute of Chicago (By Oron Catts)
- 28.10.01 - a talk at the Innovation arts-media-design - a national symposium, Queensland University of Technology (By Guy Ben-Ary)
- 29.10.01 - a talk to the postgraduates student at the Creative Industries school, Queensland University of Technology (By Guy Ben-Ary)